Saturday, November 5, 2011

It's time to Settle? down

According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%


People: When it comes to women, you’re too picky.



Me: I am?



People: Yes, when do you plan on settling down?



Me: I’m not sure… what else would you like to inform me about me?




I’m a bit tired of people telling me that I’m too picky. I disagree. I disagree with thinking you can tell someone that they’re too picky about anything. Why are you analyzing my standards, deciding what I can or cannot live with, and questioning my deal breakers? LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!.... Word to Mike Jackson.


I know it’s called settling down but does that mean that I have to settle? Though, settling may be inevitable. I’m not naive. I’m not sitting around waiting for perfectness to come floating out of the sky on a perfectly fluffed white cloud to the sweet tunes of “lady in Red” with a working knowledge of hip hop and intrigued by analytical debates about cinematography. I also know that no one is perfect (though I’m quite close), and don’t expect my dream girl to identically match my “dream girl,” so to speak. That person probably doesn’t exist. But then again, maybe she does. So should I hold tight and wait. Let a few more “applicants” pass by or settle for something now and possibly contribute to the 41% divorce rate and make her my second wife, if I come across her in the future. Sounds kind of messed up to me.


For some, the idea of being alone is a fear. I may even qualify as one of those people, but unhappiness, regret, or resentment, from what I’ve witnessed, is miserable. I’m not saying that to justify my singleness. I am looking, but I’d prefer not to force the situation. Maybe I’m am tip toeing heart break. Maybe not. Maybe I’ll know “the one” when I meet her and it just hasn’t happened yet. Maybe a couple of baby mammas are all I’m destined for. Who the hell knows?


What I do know, and what is clear and evident, is that I’m a COTDAMMNNN CATCH!! Holla at me!



Peace

-MaDBlacK

No comments:

Post a Comment