Monday, January 16, 2012

Apathy and Applejacks (Guest Blog by Cassanova Quixote)



I’m back again.  Shocking I know, but apparently MaDBlack is tolerant of my random and scatterbrain rants.  This time I struggled to come up with another blog topic, and though I am not vain in the slightest bit, I’ve decided to talk about myself again.  The question that I get most right now is:

"Cassanova now that you are back in the United States, what are you doing with your life?"

In one word. Nothing.

It’s true, I don’t do anything.  I’m homeless and jobless, but it’s not as easy as it seems.  In fact it’s quite hard.  I think Jerry Seinfield said it best when he said, “I am so busy doing nothing... that the idea of doing anything - which as you know, always leads to something - cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything.

So M-F from approximately 8:45ish to 6:15ish, I do nothing.  It’s hard to get an exact measurement of when the nothing that I do on the clock crosses over into the nothingness that I do after hours.  When the nothing is finished for the day, which is not really possible since it has to be something to even have an end, I do the same thing that most people do after work.  I socialize with friends, help slow the rate of the rapidly rising national debt by patronizing restaurants and bars, and go on prowl girls with low self-esteems.   

Most people struggle, toil, and work all of their lives so they can hope for the possibly of retiring one day, so they can do nothing.  I do nothing now.  I just cut thirty plus years of servitude out of my life.  I leave you to ponder on that.

As you can see I am slightly crazier than MaDBlack’s moniker might imply and I probably need a hug.  But unless you are the author of this blog (http://readingissexii.blogspot.com/) please don’t bother.
And before I go I would to give a shout out to two of my favorite documentaries right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment